WE ARE OPEN!
Do you need physical therapy but are concerned about your risk for contracting COVID-19?
My extensive experience as a home care physical therapist, seeing patients in their homes after they were recently discharged from the hospital, has taught me proper infection control and how to be sure not to transmit germs from one patient or home to the next.
At Thrive, infection control and your safety is our number one priority. That is why, we will provide your physical therapy treatment in the comfort and safety of your own home, which will minimize your risk for exposure. Our staff will wear a mask and use gloves at each treatment. All equipment will be disinfected and sanitized after each use. If you feel more comfortable, we also offer no contact telehealth virtual visits.
We take infection control very seriously and want to ensure each patient’s safety, but also allow you to get the treatment you need. We already have a strict infection control policy, but have increased some of our regulations to try to minimize risk for you and our staff. Please see below our increased infection control policy or feel free to call us to ask questions regarding our infection control policies or to schedule a physical therapy evaluation.
Recent changes in sanitation standards include:
- Elevated infection control standards which already included the thorough sterilization and disinfection of all exercise equipment but now to also include therapist’s cars in between each visit. (see below).
- Preemptive patient/staff screening: Appointment rescheduling for any patient or staff member experiencing symptoms of an illness. We may ask you a series of screening questions regarding symptoms before coming to your home to ensure safety of you, our staff, and other patient’s. Staff will also be screened and have temperatures taken each day to ensure patient safety.
- Taking temperatures of staff and patients to minimize the risk for exposure between patients.
- The use of masks, hand sanitizer and gloves at each visit to minimize risk for exposure.
- Wiping down car in between patients- we have implemented a policy requiring therapists to wipe down door handles, steering wheel, gear shift, and any other parts of their car they touch in between patients.
We will do everything in our power to mitigate your risk during this difficult time however we realize that your decision for us to come to your home for a visit is personal and based on your individual medical history. We will continue to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) updates, from public health authorities and will update you should there be any changes in our agency’s policy.
The staff of Thrive Physical Therapy and Wellness